Welcome to the Greater Irving-Las Colinas 5-Star Chamber of Commerce, the first in Texas and one of only 70 among the 7,000 chambers nationally. We earned—and retain—this designation due to our team of dedicated professionals who are committed to our values of leadership excellence, promoting collaborative partnerships, uncompromising quality and professional integrity. This strategy ensures our investors receive the highest quality services and opportunities enabling them to reach—and exceed—their goals.
Our Vision Statement
An alliance of businesses and organizations in partnership with the community, the Chamber empowers healthy economic growth and enhances the quality of life for greater Irving.
Our Mission Statement
To achieve our vision, the Chamber will:
- Create a favorable business environment for our current and future investors resulting in sustainable economic growth.
- Advance economic growth through collaborative partnerships with organizations at a city, state, national and international level.
- Promote economic growth through attracting new businesses and providing enhanced business visibility for our current investors.
Our Core Values
The Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce is committed to four core values.
- Leadership Excellence
- Build and maintain a positive business environment
- Practice servant leadership
- Accept accountability
- Embrace Diversity
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Create community and regional partnerships
- We are a trusted partner with the Irving Convention and Visitors Bureau, Las Colinas Association and Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District
- Achieve goal alignment
- Uncompromising Quality
- Maintain our Five-Star Accreditation
- Utilize best practices
- Proactive communications
- Pursuit of increasing investor value
- Adaptability to an ever-changing marketplace
- Professional Integrity
- Good fiscal stewardship
- Ethical decision-making
- Transparency in all matters
- Sustained professional development
- Skills development and programs for small business
The Chamber has taken the lead on dozens of local initiatives that support and promote retail, nonprofit, educational and community enterprises. Among those are the New Teacher Luncheon, First Saturday to encourage patronizing local retailers, and sponsorship of fundraisers for charities.
In addition, we partner with other state and national business organizations and chambers such at the Texas Association of Business and U.S. Chamber of Commerce to launch other larger-scale initiatives.
Sasaki Las Colinas Urban Center Master Plan
In 2010, the City of Irving and the Las Colinas Association created a task force to study and plan for the future of the Las Colinas Urban Center. Sasaki Associates, Inc. was retained as the consultant to assist with development of a master plan for the area.
The two major goals for the plan were 1) to create a pedestrian-friendly, vibrant, mixed-use residential district that is a desirable place to live for young workers, families, and seniors, and 2) restore the Urban Center’s position as one of the premier corporate office locations in the Dallas Metroplex.
The results of the project are detailed in the publication “Sasaki Las Colinas Urban Center Master Plan.”
Imagine Irving is an initiative to develop a comprehensive plan for the City of Irving. One of the major charges of the project is gathering input from a wide range of members of the community to direct the future of Irving with focus on neighborhoods, transportation, land use, and a vibrant and sustainable economy that will create and retain good jobs.